rushing to the vet with my joe

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Purrs rushing to the vet with my joe

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    MadcatwomanintheUK
    Participant

I love Joget’s mask! What beautiful, even markings.

Leeny
    Participant

Joget is a sweetheart. I hope he gets the help he needs.

dionnewb
    Participant

I’m going online and do the research right now…

It is usual for vets in my country not to have Xray machine. Most vets don’t…

I had a friendly talk with a young vet the other day, and she said that veterinary practice in indonesia is only pioneering. (But certainly out love for out pets are not pioneering!)

Thank you for your suggestion..

And thank you everyone for the well-wishes and compliments! I’ll tell Joe that people think he’s beautiful. He’ll be on cloud 9. Lol

dionnewb
    Participant

I didn’t go to see my Joe today. But I did get to call the vet, checking if they had his blood checked. They’ve sent Joe’s blood to the lab, but haven’t got the results yet.

The vet also mentioned that joe still couldn’t pee, even with his catheter attached! So they had to flush him again, and pulled his urine out by syringe.

Do you have any suggestion as to what is causing this? Why can’t Joe pee? Even if there was a blockage, shouldn’t the catheter relieve him of being blocked?

I’m very worried about him…

And it seems to me that vet is not worried about him… πŸ™

Pls keep praying for Joe… I hope he gets well.. Thanks

Khom
    Participant

hey! checked with the vets today and they don’t sell the kits over the counter to customers. if your vet clinic would like to make a purchase, they would have to contact the clinic here and place an order. But he did say that it’ll be cheaper to buy it from the manufacturer themselves. I have mailed a couple of manufacturers (but u’d hv better luck with Merck. they’re global) n am waiting for their replies.

(((joget)))

dionnewb
    Participant

Thank you so much Khom for going into the trouble for me and Joget… Really really thank you so much!

I’ll talk to my vet tomorrow. I hope she’s open to these suggestions… Thanks again!

JerseyJoan

continued good thoughts for Joe

dionnewb
    Participant

*smile and hugs* thank you

Jeankit
    Participant

Just found your thread. Oh, Joe is such a handsome kit. Prayers, TLC for you and Wishes for a positive recovery for him.

dionnewb
    Participant

Thank you, jeankit… There isn’t much update I can post right now. I’m going to see him and talk to the vet this afternoon. Will post more later…

I’m praying hard for Joe too… Thank you for all your prayers πŸ™‚

Khom
    Participant

Anyone living in the US can give these guys a call? Idexx Laboratories. They have yet to reply my e-mail regarding the SNAP FIV/FeLV test kits and shipments to Indonesia. They don’t have a regional number for the Asian region, just an e-mail add (which they’re not checking!). The clinics here use these kits as well as the ones from Merck.

dionnewb
    Participant

Thank you again Khom, for all the trouble you’re going through. Really appreciate it.

I didn’t talk to the vet about testing yet, though… Here’s the reason:

The result of blood test came out. BUN is 77 and creatinine is 1.62

I was really mad and dissapointed at my vet, because I know this is not the result for kidney failure, whereas all this while she’s been sure that his kidney is failing.

Anyway, the vet was not in today, and I only got to talk with her apprentice (resident?). She didn’t really explain what these figures mean, but she did say that the BUN is quite elevated, but not too elevated. And she said the creatinine is normal.

I did some googling, and found out that BUN of kidney failure is 140.

Plus, the head vet said that the reason Joe has been having a non-stop case of FLUTD is because of the kidney.

Now, putting the pieces together, from the bleeding pee and constant inability to urinate, plus difficulty in inserting catheter, plus the inability of urinating when the catheter’s attached… Could it be a blockage after all?

Please, if anyone have any opinions, I’d like to hear them…

I’ve contacted another vet, and will have a consultation with him after Joget’s released.

Thank you so much for reading this, and for everyone who supports and cares…

feral
    Participant

I can only offer you Prayers that your able to get to the bottom of little Joe’s problems. {{{HUGS}}}

I believe he might have scar tissue in his urethra from all the treatments, causing the blockage. I don’t see any mention of his being tested for crystals in his urine–that is usually the first test they do after the blood work. The surgery has been around for many years–strange they don’t know about it. Hoping Joe gets the help he needs soon.

Khom
    Participant

Oh man…this vet of yours really needs to work his/her ego issues out and start listening to you and your suggestions. If you can, please take these results and visit the other vet. Or give him/her a call?

dionnewb
    Participant

Feral, thank you soooo much for your prayer… Means a lot to me and Joe

Sheba’s Mom and KHOM, I haven’t talked to the vet about the possibility of scar tissue. I will ask though. Is there anyway that it can be detected? And treated? Or is surgery the only option?

I guess some more googling is in order πŸ™‚

And no, joe hasn’t get his urine tested for chrystals yet. Took me almost 3 months to get his blood checked…

I am currently in contact with 2 other vets. One of them is a local online vet. He mentioned the surgery! (Perineum uretroctomy?)

The other vet I’m in contact (by phone) is a senior vet. He is known to be a good surgeon. He is the one who told me that the blood test result does not indicate kidney failure.

Now that I see light at the end of the tunnel, I only have to find a way to get the money… Am applying for jobs right now. Pls wish me luck! πŸ™‚

Thank you again for the support..!

dionnewb
    Participant

I’m at the vet’s right now… Checking in on my baby.

It really kills me to see him like this.. He’s clearly uncomfortable and not happy. He’s sleepy, but he can’t have a nice sleep…

He’s still doing the peeing stance, with only 2-3 bloody drops come out.

Does anyway have any idea, why he is still having trouble urinating while still on catheter?

Could there be such a large blockage that it can’t pass trough catheter?

The vet said there might. But I can’t really trust her fully again. Could it be that the catheter is not properly attached? (Just a worried mom’s thought)

I really hate to see him this way…

I want to take him to another vet, but I can’t just tell the vet to take off the catheter, stop his medications and then just go… At least I will have to wait until his urine is clear of blood, and he is peeing in his own again.. Which I don’t know when… This is his 6th day in, and he’s still peeing lots of blood.

He is flushed everyday, and the urine extracted is still bright red πŸ™

I miss my baby home… πŸ™

Pls continue praying for him… Thanks…

rossy
    Participant

I’ll be praying for your baby joe, I hope he is well and home soon with you. I wish I knew how to help ,I dont know anything about this type of illness,but I will pray for you and your kitty Joe. Best wishes and prayers.

dionnewb
    Participant

Thanks Rossy… πŸ™‚

And as an update, I was just checking in on Joe. He looks better today… He took the catheter off (yes, he did!) And is peeing on his own (yay!), though it’s still full of blood.

Vet wants to keep him in for observation for 2 days, if he’s better, I’ll get to take him home (fingers crossed!)

Pls pray that he stays in good condition.. And I intend to take him to another vet after he’s discharged from this vet. Hopefully we will be able to get to the bottom of Joe’s problem at this new vet…

Once again, thanks a lot for the support all this time… Joget and I are deeply grateful…

jcat
    Participant

Poor little baby. Sending the TDK healing power to him, Dionne, and {{{HUGS}}} to you.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.